Do you have a glass of red wine with dinner because you heard it promotes good health? Or maybe you just like the taste of a smooth merlot?
Whatever the reason, travelers today continue to search out tours that include a wine component in the itinerary. There are many places to learn about wine making and its subtle tasting nuances. Italy comes to mind – which is why all of our Italy tours include wine with every meal and a winery visit is included on most Italy programs. Wine tours are on the rise – and in more places than just Italy. Some of Collette’s food and wine tours include:
- Spectacular South Africa — Discover the Cape Winelands region with its mountainous landscape and endless vineyards.
- Explorations California’s Wine Country — Napa Valley should be on everyone’s bucket list.
- The Wonders of South America — Argentina is the land of sol y vino – sun and wine – and Mendoza, set at the base of the Andes Mountains is breathtaking.
- Exploring New Zealand — Marlborough region considered one of the world’s best wine regions.
- Reflections of Italy — the tour stops at a historic winery in the heart of the Chianti region complete with its very own 12th century castle.